Tuesday 30 August 2011

Vancouver

I'm in Vancouver right now, staying at my parents place while they're in Hawaii and I wanted to share some rules I've discovered while I'm here.

1.  Regardless of outside temperature, if there's any sun out, my parents place is overly warm.
2.  There's no road that isn't under some form of construction.
3.  Cyclists here aren't nearly as pretentious as cyclists in Victoria.
4.  Everybody in Victoria drives slow...everyone who's been pissed off about it and wants to drive super fast now lives in Vancouver.
5.  If there is a crazy person out there, they will be immediately drawn to, and talk to, my mom.
6.  The International Village Theatre is one of the most comfortable I've ever been in.
7.  The International Village Theatre mostly shows movies I don't want to see, but it also shows all the movies I do want to see that a Silvercity won't show.
8.  There's no rhyme or reason to what's being played on Jack FM.
9.  X-Box 360 Kinect voice control is fun, but a little creepy.
10.  Always be polite to your X-Box 360...you never know when it's going to gain sentience.
11.  Even though Metrotown (with over 500 stores) is only 3 blocks away, the only times I've needed things, they're for items that Metrotown doesn't have.
12.  Metropolis comics (across from Metrotown) sucks.  They're all about the money and it shows.  Stores like that piss me off.
13.  At the movie theatre, if you stand 30ft back from the concession counter to decide what you're going to get, someone will still ask you if you "need help with a combo".
14.  There are regular people who ride the bus/skytrain...then there are "bus people".  You have to learn how to spot them and how to avoid them.
15.  There are parts of this city where my farts will improve the odour.
16.  Regardless of time of day or night, Kingsway is a loud road.
17.  Regardless of #16, I can sleep like the dead.
18.  My farts do not improve anything at my parents place.
19.  When I'm in my car with the windows down on a nice day, I like my music loud...my mom likes my music to be off.
20.  Metrotown is a crowded mess and should be avoided if at all possible.

Update:  I had a visit recently from my step-sister.  It was a great visit and now only things East of Montreal are dead to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment