Tuesday 30 August 2011

You want what now?

So my sister is with my parents vacationing in Hawaii.  Before she left, her dad (we have different fathers, but the same mom) asked her to get him some cheap, duty free cigarette's.  Seeing as how he's kind of a deadbeat who let's his relationship with my sister deteriorate and only calls her when he needs/wants something, she refused.  This is where the story should have ended...but it's not.  He then has the pretentiousness to ask her again AND to ask her to ask our mother to get him cheap smokes too.  She sends back a quick message saying, "As I said earlier I will not support your smoking habit!  I'm pretty sure I speak for my mom as well!"  Well the story really, really needed to end there...but wait, there's more!  He wrote back...well, I'm just going to copy and paste it:

CB,

Dr.'s orders..."do not try & quit smoking when you are under stress as you will not be successful and it adds to your stress." Ask ANY Dr.
How about dropping the self-righteous crap for once and doing me a favour? BTW your Mom was also a smoker when I met her. The one time I quit was when you were born!
Thanks!!
Dad
 
 
Well just based on this message alone I've decided to unfriend him on facebook and to no longer have contact with him in any regard...my sister should probably do the same.  I just cannot even fathom why he would send a message like this.  Someone please comment and explain it to me!

2 comments:

  1. Your sister is a wonderful person . . . that is all that matters. No need for an explanation about her dad. Thank goodness I have not met him on my visits to Edmonton. And Jonathan, you're a great brother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found.. some people are just assholes. it doesn't matter how old they are, or how many kids. This is a poor quality video..but it explains everything.

    http://youtu.be/JoAiyUduyrY

    ReplyDelete