Tuesday 19 July 2011

A Few Words of Advice over Pancakes

First things first, I want to give a shout out to NF.  He's a friend of mine that I used to sail with when I was in the Navy and is still a good friend today.  He's the reason that everything East of Ottawa is dead to me instead of everything East of Edmonton. being dead to me.  He's the only person I know that knows how to play, and can give me competition for, Backgammon.  He sent me a message complimenting me on my newly made blog, so he gets a shout out.

Now onto other things.

I was in Vancouver this past weekend.  For those of you who don't know, my mom, step-dad, and RR all live in Vancouver.  This weekend though, JR's ship was in North Vancouver, so I had the added benefit of hanging out with him this weekend.  It was a pretty busy weekend, filled mostly with fun.  On Monday I headed back to Victoria, but first, I went to North Vancouver to visit SS.  She was feeling terrible because some guy had taken advantage of her and her kindness and then treated her like s#it.  I was a good listener, and I can sympathize with her, and it made me somewhat angry that anybody treated anybody like that, let alone someone I care about.  The worst part is, this is not the first time I've heard a story like this from a woman, and I'm sad to say that it won't be the last, so ladies, here's some advice.
1.  If anything raises a red flag for you (he has never had a relationship over 3 months, he collects Barbie dolls, he has a restraining order against him), run...don't walk, run.
2.  If he has a mullet...run.
3.  If he mentions his ex too much...walk away.
4.  If he doesn't call or talk to you for days, consider it over. (there are exception to this rule for some very select people, like guy in Afghanistan or out to sea)
5.  If he leads every conversation with a sexual subject, he doesn't care about you and just wants sex...also he's not very classy.
6.  If he farts in front of you, he's comfortable with you...this is a good thing.

I find it only fair to dispense some advice for the men too.
1.  If you're in an argument and it's about something small and petty, let it go.  In the end, it's not worth it.
2.  If you're in an argument and it's about something important, stand your ground and stand up for what you believe in.  The least attractive quality to a woman is cowardice and not standing up for your principles.
3.  Women can be very forgiving; just don't screw up the same way twice.
4.  Don't feel bad for doing something without your woman if she's not interested, but always invite her; it's common courtesy.
5.  If she has more than 3 cats...run...run fast and run far.
6.  Call her, text her, e-mail her, facebook message her, IM her...do what you have to, but communicate with her on a regular basis.  Just don't start everything with something sexual...it's not classy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment